A Naturopathic Approach to Female HealthAdolescent & Teenage | Fertility & IVF/ICIS/IUI | Prenatal & Pregnancy | PCOS & Hormonal support | Acne, PMS, Mood
Do you have intense menstrual cramps, breast tenderness, or mood swings right before or during your period? Do you feel uncomfortable going out in public without make-up on?
Join us for our
Female Health Program Series: Acne, PMS & Mood edition.
Rather than guessing which supplements or herbal remedies to take, get your levels tested. When you are assessed by a natural medicine physician, you are taking out the guess-work and trial-and-error.
– Hormonal Assessment (if indicated), blood work
– Overhaul of diet, using Dr. Gottschalk’s top dietary plan for a total hormone re-boot
– Incorporating supplements and herbal medicine (teas or tinctures) – decided on a case-by-case basis
– The option for acupuncture to regulate the cycle, decrease menstrual pain, and address any underlying anxiety or stress
For more information, click the ‘Let’s Chat!’ button on the right, leave your info – and you’ll hear from us shortly.
To support you through your pregnancy, Naturopathic Physicians are qualified to ensure you are on the right supplement regime, and are trained to know how to safely address concerns as they arise, including digestive disturbances such as constipation or reflux, increased anxiety or stress, nausea and morning sickness.
Acupuncture protocols along with herbs known to be safe during pregnancy, tend to be the go-to’s during this time.
Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)
IVF / ICIS / IUI
Fertility acupuncture is used in adjunct to assisted reproductive technologies (ARTs), such as IVF, ICSI, IUI, to improve pregnancy outcomes and carring to term. Typically done immediately prior to and shortly after the transfer or insemination, with the purpose of improving blood flow to the uterus, reducing uterine spasms, as well as decreasing stress while increasing relaxation.
Fertility acupuncture protocols enhance the success rates of ARTs such as IVF, ICIS, IUI by working on the following;
- Menstrual cycle regulation: By regulating the menstrual cycle leading up to ART procedure, we are able to regulate the timing of ovulation, menstruation, and the duration of luteal and follicular phases.
- Promoting relaxation as a way of decreasing stress. If the process seems overly stress-including, or if you’re prone to anxiety – specific points will be added to calm the nervous system.
- Supporting and nourishing follicle development. For this reason, acupuncture timing occurs during the follicular phase, just leading up to the ARTs.
- Decrease uterine muscle spasms. This is important during the implantation phase of the embryo, allowing the egg to ‘stick’.
- Increase blood circulation to the uterus and ovaries. It is important to bring blood flow to the reproductive organs, to encourage blood supply and physiological functioning. It may also support hormone release by the ovaries, and support healthy growth of uterine lining.